TXM 0.8.0 Download
|Windows 7 and up (64 bit)||Mac OS X 10.10 and up||Ubuntu 16.04 and up|
- Installation Instructions
- Troubleshooting installation problems
- Running TXM
- Using TXM
- Feedback and bug reports
Previous TXM 0.8.0 versions
In addition to fixing many bugs, this new version includes some notable new elements,
- TXM is now installed in a directory dedicated to its version. This makes it possible to use different versions of TXM at the same time, for example TXM 0.7.9 and TXM 0.8.0;
- it is no longer necessary to painstakingly install TreeTagger yourself then link to TXM: two new TXM extensions now allow you to download and install in a few clicks both TreeTagger and two default language models (en and fr).
Improved user session
- all calculation results can now be kept between two TXM sessions, either on demand (default operating mode) or systematically;
- all commands now include the setting of all their parameters from the
results window in a dedicated area. This makes it much easier to refine
the results. For example, you can easily adjust the queries to use or
the structure to display in a Progression, without having to relaunch
the command and enter all its parameters.
- for most commands, you must first specify one or two mandatory parameters in the dedicated area before you can obtain a result by pressing the Calculate button in the results window;
- the re-calculation of a result causes the re-calculation of all the results which depend on it (its descendants in the Corpus view): for example, recalculating a lexical table recalculates the tables of specificities or the AFCs built from it ;
- the results, tables or graphs, can be updated either as soon as one of the parameters is modified (operating mode called “electric”, deactivated by default), or on demand by pressing the “[re-]calculate” button (in this operating mode, an “asterisk” mark is displayed in the window tab as soon as one of its parameters is modified, to indicate that the display of the results can be refreshed) ;
- New preferences:
- TXM > User > Automatic recalculation when changing a parameter: a result is recalculated as soon as one of the parameters of the command is modified;
- TXM > User > Backup all default results (persistence): all new results are kept between TXM sessions;
- a result can be cloned, with or without its descendants, for example to compare variants of calculations;
- graphic display variants (font type or font size, background color, etc.) can be adjusted directly from the results window in a dedicated toolbar.
Improved annotation tools
- You can now correct or add simple word properties from a concordance, such as TreeTagger’s “enpos” and “enlemma” properties. This annotation mode has been added to the initial annotation modes of word sequences;
- the metadata file “metadata.*” can now be read either in .ods (LibreOffice Calc), .xlsx (MS Excel) or .csv format;
- the import and the loading of corpora are faster because TXM does not restart the engines during these treatments anymore.
- you need to have ‘new software installation privilege’ on your machine to install TXM
- you need Internet access
- TXM works on 64-bit machines
- TXM is supported for Windows 7 (Seven)
- TXM is known to work on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows Vista
- Mac OS X
- TXM is supported for 10.12
- TXM is known to work on 10.11, 10.10 and 10.09
- Security settings: from Mac OS X 10.9 and upper, you need to change the system security settings to install TXM properly. Go to “System Preferences > Personal > Security” and allow applications downloaded from the Internet. If that preference is not set, the problem doesn’t occur at installation time, but at the first launch.
- TXM is supported for Ubuntu 16.04+ and its variants (Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, etc.)
- TXM installation process installs the following dependencies: zenity, po-debconf, libwebkitgtk-1.0-0, debconf, libc6 (>= 2.15), libgtk2-perl, libblas3, libbz2-1.0, libcairo2, libgfortran3, libglib2.0-0, libgomp1, libjpeg8, liblapack3, liblzma5, libpango-1.0-0, libpangocairo-1.0-0, libpaper-utils, libpcre3, libpng12-0, libreadline6, libtiff5, libx11-6, libxt6, tcl8.5, tk8.5, ucf, unzip, xdg-utils, zip, zlib1g.
- verify the ‘Installation Prerequisites’ for your machine, see above
- download the TXM setup file for your system and machine architecture (64-bit)
- double-click on the TXM setup file icon
- follow the instructions on screen: accept licence, etc.
- note concerning Linux users: the first time you install TXM on a machine, you also need to quit your working session (logout) and login again to finalize the installation process.
- run TXM once to finalize the setup process (see running instructions below)
- you can now install TreeTagger (optional but recommended)
- The End
Troubleshooting installation problems
TXM support is community based.
For further help concerning TXM installation:
- consult the “Installer TXM sur sa machine” and the “En cas de problème avec le logiciel” sections of the TXM manual (in French)
- consult the “Installation et mises à jour” section of the TXM users FAQ which lists some of the common installation problems people run into.
- subscribe to the ‘txm-users’ mailing list and ask for help
- chat online via IRC on the ‘#txm’ channel of the irc.freenode.net server
- contact the TXM team by email at textometrie AT groupes.renater.fr
- Menu ‘Start / TXM / TXM’ (drag TXM application icon to the Quick Access Toolbar to add direct access)
- Mac OS X
- Navigate to the ‘Applications / TXM’ folder in the Finder and double-click on TXM application icon (drag TXM application icon to your Dock to add direct access)
- Navigate to the ‘Installed Applications’ section in the Launchpad and double-click on TXM application icon (right-click on TXM icon in the Dock and select ‘Keep in Dock’ to add direct access)
For further information about using TXM:
- Read TXM manual online
- Download TXM PDF manual for printing
- View the TXM workshop video
- Participate to a TXM workshop
- Participate to TXM users community wiki
Feedback and bug reports
- Check if your feedback is not already reported in the TXM platform bug tracker
- If not, send your feedback either:
Please contact us for further information.
The TXM team